Chocolate Chip Cookies Quick Recipe
From time to time (almost daily!) I and my little brother crave for Chocolate Chip Cookies. We prefer freshly backed (not microwave heated) cookies....right out of the oven with a glass of cold milk.
Today, we will show you a quick and easy recipe for making just a few cookies in a few minutes. Rather than trying "best" recipe, we decided to compile what is quick and easy. Let's get along with making some!!
Note- This recipe is Eggless.
1) Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookie mix
We use about 1/2 cup of this cookie mix and put about 1/2 cup of Swan's Cake flour to create a bit of puffiness in the cookie. A measuring cup gives a good estimate to achieve a balance between the two types of flours. Sift the flour and set aside in a mixing bowl.
2) Next, we melted four tablespoons of Organic unsalted butter in the microwave for about 45 seconds on high power and added 2 tablespoons of white cane sugar and a pinch of salt. This is to adjust sweetness from adding cake flour in the previous step. We also added 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla bean paste to add some flavor to the cookies. Alternatively, one may use the almond emulsion that remains stable in fragrance at high temperatures. Using a whisk, we then give a good mixing to these ingredients.
TIP- Whisk the butter, sugar, and vanilla until the mixture turns light creamy to white. Organic butter is yellow and by mixing it well with sugar it should change color as the air gets trapped.
3) Start mixing the sifted flour and whisked butter-sugar combination gently and add one tablespoon of whole milk to adjust consistency to a moderately soft dough. You may add additional chocolate chips or other ingredients such as walnuts, macadamia nuts etc.
TIP- Softer dough will not hold the shape of the cookie when baked. A hard dough will result in an unbaked center.
4) Heat the oven to 325 F. We prefer using our smaller oven to make this small batch as it heats up pretty fast and uses less energy due to smaller space and size of the heating coils. Put tablespoon size dough balls on a baking tray sprayed with cooking spray or lined with a parchment paper.
TIP- Adequate spacing is important! One tablespoon of dough will make a cookie of about 3-inch diameter!
5) Bake the dough for about 12 minutes.
TIP- At about 10 minutes, you will start to see cracks on the top of the cookies. This is very crucial as the crack allows the heat to penetrate into the center.
Start watching the top of the cookie carefully for color change. Once light brown, cook for one minute and they should be done.
6) Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool completely or carefully transfer the cookies on to a wire rack. We prefer to cool on the baking tray as transferring may break these delicate darlings!
TIP- If you prefer crunchy cookies, use a flat spatula to flatten the cookie dough a bit. Remember to allow more space between the flattened dough as they will expand more than round dough balls.
This portion size makes about eight cookies of 3-inch diameter each. Enjoy them with a glass of cold milk while they're warm!
Cookie Check- Gently break a cookie in the middle once it is warm (not hot!) to expose its center and see if it is well cooked all the way to its center!